29 Compli Clients Make the List of the Best Dealerships to Work For
Running an auto dealership isn’t easy. Aside from the everyday rigors of doing business, members of the automotive industry have to abide by a staggering number of rules and regulations. From consumer protection measures like the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Red Flags Rule to truth-in-advertising laws to employee wage and safety standards, dealers contend with more than 80 federal statutes—not to mention state regulations.
That’s what makes the Best Dealerships To Work For so impressive. Companies selected for the list not only flourish in a highly regulated environment but do so with high rates of employee satisfaction and retention.
Released annually since 2011 by Automotive News, the Best Dealerships To Work For recognizes and celebrates dealerships across North America that put their employees first. Only 100 dealerships qualify each year.
Here’s how it works: Best Companies Group, which manages the program, collects information about participating organizations’ company policies and demographics, as well as direct feedback from employees. The employee engagement and satisfaction survey includes questions about the employer’s leadership, corporate culture, and level of workplace safety, as well as each respondent’s pay, benefits, feelings about the company and opportunities for advancement.
It all adds up to a detailed chart of the most caring, supportive and fun auto dealers throughout the US. And while certain traits of the best employers remain the same each time around, it’s interesting to watch industry-wide trends emerge.
What the Best Dealerships To Work For of 2016 Have in Common: They Care About Compliance
This year’s list proves that workforce compliance and employee engagement go hand in hand: a significant portion of the Best Dealerships To Work For take an organization-wide, automated and real-time approach to compliance.
How do I know? Because, of the 100 dealerships on the list, a whopping 29 use Compli to manage their compliance activities. I’d like to give a shout-out to our outstanding customers honored in 2016:
- Long-Lewis Ford-Lincoln of the Shoals, Muscle Shoals, AL
- DCH Honda of Temecula, CA
- DCH Toyota of Torrance, CA
- Mercedes-Benz of Escondido, Escondido, CA
- Rusnak/Westlake Audi, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Volkswagen of Kearny Mesa, San Diego, CA
- Land Rover North Dade, Miami, FL
- Land Rover South Dade, Miami, FL
- Warren Henry Infiniti, Miami, FL
- Warren Henry Jaguar, Miami, FL
- Sunrise Chevrolet, Glendale Heights, IL
- Garber Chevrolet, Midland, MI
- Garber Nissan-Hyundai, Saginaw, MI
- DCH Millburn Audi, Maplewood, NJ
- DCH Montclair Acura, Verona, NJ
- West Herr Mercedes-Benz of Rochester, NY
- West Herr Toyota of Williamsville, NY
- Motorcars Toyota, Cleveland Heights, OH
- Yark Alfa Romeo-Fiat, Toledo, OH
- Yark BMW, Toledo, OH
- Yark Nissan, Toledo, OH
- Yark Subaru, Toledo, OH
- Yark Toyota-Scion, Maumee, OH
- Faulkner Hyundai, Philadelphia, PA
- Faulkner Subaru, Mechanicsburg, PA
- Faulkner Toyota, Trevose, PA
- Faulkner Volkswagen, Mechanicsburg, PA
- Ford of Murfreesboro, Murfreesboro, TN
- Porsche of North Houston, Houston, TX
The Best Auto Dealerships To Work For culminates in a celebration on October 12 at the Four Seasons Chicago. Around the same time, Automotive News will announce its ranking of the companies on the list. Until then, join us in recognizing these dealerships’ extraordinary achievements and dedication to their employees.
Whether you’re looking to make a list or just want to provide your employees with a great place to work, take a cue from the 29 dealerships above. Employee satisfaction starts with compliance.
Are you up to date on the most critical laws, rules and regulations that affect your dealership? Find out now.
Get the checklist.