Fines, negative press and untold brand damage—we’ve all seen what happens when the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau finds out that a company’s compliance management system is less than adequate.
But the CFPB isn’t the only organization scrutinizing your CMS, and a failure to keep up with regulatory changes can harm your company in more ways than one. Your financial partners are paying close attention to your compliance processes too—and if they don’t like what they see, you could lose access to the capital you need to keep your business running.
Grappling with a profusion of ever-changing laws and workforce concerns, how are organizations managing their myriad compliance obligations today? And what do regulators and financial institutions focus on in their evaluations of your CMS?
Join us on November 17th as we discuss these issues and more. Starting at 10am Pacific Time (1pm Eastern), industry advisor Brian Larson, a director at Complí, will lead a webinar entitled “Demystifying Your Fair Lending Compliance Program: What Your Regulators and Financial Partners Are Looking For.”
We’ll explore topics such as the following:
- Compliance audits
- Components of a written compliance program
- Fair and reasonable lending and UDAAP
- The role of a compliance officer
- Consumer complaint policies and procedures
- Legal review
…and much more!
Attendees will learn about why regulatory compliance is more challenging than ever for lenders and become familiar with the 4 fundamental elements of a compliance management system:
- Board of Directors Oversight: What role does your board of directors play in setting expectations and communicating policy statements surrounding your compliance obligations?
- Compliance Program: What does a well planned, implemented and maintained compliance program look like?
- Consumer Complaint Response: How can you use consumer complaints to understand and correct weak points in your CMS?
- Independent Compliance Audit: What can you do to make the most of an audit to drive value for your board and consumer base?
Aside from learning what components to seek out in a sound compliance program, participants will also gain insight into how other lenders are managing their compliance programs and staying out of trouble with the CFPB.
The webinar is free and contains information you won’t find anywhere else. Trust me—you don’t want to miss this one. Click here to register today.